EU: E.ON chief says no plan B in EU merger probe

E.ON chief executive Johannes Teyssen said on Wednesday, March 13, he was not planning for a negative assessment of the planned asset takeover of rival Innogy by EU antitrust regulators.

“I have not occupied myself with a plan B,” Teyssen said in response to questions during the company’s 2018 earnings news conference in Essen, adding he believed it could be proved that there was no danger of market dominance.

The European Commission announced last week it would look into concerns about the deal’s impact on retail and network activities in Europe.

E.ON would deal with any consequences of demands for asset disposals, he stated. Observers expect there will be demands for concessions on E.ON’s part.

Full Content: Reuters

Want more news? Subscribe to CPI’s free daily newsletter for more headlines and updates on antitrust developments around the world.

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
 


More Articles