ProfileBack to List
Tilburg Law and Economics Centre, Baker Botts
Partner, Baker Botts & Asst. Professor, Tilburg School of Economics and Management
Experience & Areas of Interest:
Paul Lugard is a Partner with Baker Botts and specializes in competition law, with considerable experience in merger control proceedings, exclusionary conduct, distribution arrangements, technology licensing and matters on the intersection of intellectual property and antitrust law.
As the former Head of Antitrust at Royal Philips Electronics, Paul managed all significant antitrust matters for the company, securing merger clearances and advising on all aspects of competition law. He has also designed, implemented and managed antitrust compliance programs for clients in Europe and internationally.
In addition, Paul is also active in the development of international competition law policy, serving as Chair of the ICC Competition Commission, as a European Commission and Dutch Competition Agency Non-Governmental Advisor (NGA) to the International Competition Network, and as Vice Chair of the Competition Committee of the Business and Industry Advisory Committee (BIAC) to the OECD.
Paul Lugard is an Assistant Professor at TILEC (Tilburg Law and Economics Center) at Tilburg University, the Netherlands and serves as President of the Dutch Association for Competition Law.
- University of Groningen, The Netherlands (1989)
- College of Europe in Bruges (1990)
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Procedural Fairness and Transparency in Antitrust Cases: Work in Progress - Antitrust Chronicle - Jun 13, 2014
- The European Commissionâ€™s Practice Under Article 9 Regulation 1/2003: A Commitment a Day Keeps the Court Away? - Antitrust Chronicle - Mar 28, 2013
- Innovation is King. Or is it? - Antitrust Chronicle - Jan 03, 2013
- Innovation is King. Or is it? - Antitrust Chronicle - Oct 05, 2012
- Technology Licensing: Evolving Antitrust Standards in the Smartphone and Other Sectors? - Antitrust Chronicle - Apr 30, 2012
- Minority Shareholdings Under Antitrust Law: A Regulatory Gap? - Antitrust Chronicle - Jan 09, 2012
- The New EU Competition Rules for the Assessment of Horizontal Agreements, II - Antitrust Chronicle - Dec 27, 2011
- The International Competition Network at Ten: Origins, Accomplishments and Aspirations - Antitrust Chronicle - Jul 14, 2011
- The International Competition Community at Work - Antitrust Chronicle - Jul 14, 2011
- The New EU Competition Rules for the Assessment of Horizontal Agreements - Antitrust Chronicle - Feb 11, 2011
- The EC Commissionâ€™s Review of the EU Competition Rules on Horizontal Agreements - Antitrust Chronicle - Jan 07, 2011
- The EC Commissionâ€™s Review of the EU Competition Rules on Horizontal Agreements - Antitrust Chronicle - Sep 22, 2010
- The New EC Block Exemption for Vertical Restraints: A Step Forward and a Missed Opportunity - Antitrust Chronicle - Jul 07, 2010
- Nine Modest Suggestions for the New EU Commissioner for Competition - Antitrust Chronicle - Feb 23, 2010
- Ten Points to Consider When Reviewing Regulation 2790/1999 - Antitrust Chronicle - Mar 12, 2009
- Four Years of Self-Assessment Under Regulation 1 - Antitrust Chronicle - Oct 29, 2008