This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Associate, Steptoe & Johnson
Experience & Areas of Interest:
Laura Atlee is a member of the Brussels office of Steptoe & Johnson LLP. Her practice focuses on both EU competition and environment law.
In the field of competition, Ms. Atlee represents both European and foreign businesses before the European Commission in relation to antitrust violations (including cartels and abuses of monopoly position). She also helps clients obtain clearance for proposed mergers, acquisitions, and other forms of concentration of undertakings.
She is acknowledged by the Legal 500 for her regulatory advice in the environmental field. Ms. Atlee has assisted major non-EU based manufacturers on the EU Chemicals regulation, REACH. Sectors in which she has advised companies on REACH include metals, petroleum, petrochemicals, and specialized chemicals.
- King's College, London, Postgraduate Diploma in European Union Competition Law, 2009
- King's College, London, Postgraduate Diploma in European Union Law, 2007
- World Trade Institute, Bern, Switzerland, LL.M. in International Law and Economics, summa cum laude, 2004
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2002
- Franklin & Marshall College, B.A. in Biology, 2000