We're looking at two volatile media questions—the hotly debated Comcast/Time Warner merger in the U.S. and media plurality in the U.K. Read here.
Don't Miss These
New in the Briefing Room
The CPI Antitrust Chronicle (formerly GCP Magazine) is published online, semi-monthly. It contains cutting-edge commentary on current global antitrust and competition policy issues.Antitrust Chronicle
- The Beneficent Monopolist
- Beneficence is Beside the Point: The Antitrust Realities of the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger
- The Comcast-TWC Merger: Limit the Government’s Options
- Analysis of Changes in Bargaining Power in DOJ/FCC Review of Comcast/Time Warner
- Widgets All the Way Down
- Beyond Comcast-Time Warner Cable: The Fragmentation of the American Internet
- On the Relationship Between Media Plurality Legislation and Competition Law
- Does Ofcom Offer a Credible Solution to Bias in Media Public Interest Mergers in the United Kingdom?
- Past Issues
The CPI Journal is published semi-annually, both online and as an e-book. The journal presents indepth symposiums on crucial competition topics, with articles written by recognized experts from the academic, legal, and regulatory arenas.CPI Journal
Letter from the Editor
A Symposium on Antitrust and IP
- Competition Authorities Support Grasshoppers: Competition Law as a Threat to Innovation
- Intellectual Property Experimentalism By Way Of Competition Law
- Whither Symmetry? Antitrust Analysis of Intellectual Property Rights at the FTC and DOJ
- Consumer Welfare In Competition And Intellectual Property Law
- Legal Remedies For Patent Infringement: From General Principles To FRAND Obligations For Standard Essential Patents
- Licensing Of Standard Essential Patents: Antitrust Intervention Is Not Big Enough A Fix
- Justifying Antitrust Intervention in ICT Sector Patent Disputes: How to Address the Hold-Up Problem
- “Pay-for-Delay”: What Do We Disagree On?
Current Cases and Issues
- An Introduction to Appropriating the Returns from Industrial Research and Development
- Appropriating the Returns from Industrial Research and Development (1950)(reprint)
The Learning Center offers courses and books about need-to-know subjects in the antitrust/competition policy field.
Recent ColumnsView All Columns »
Subscribe to CPI
CPI has a variety of subscription options to meet your needs. Get all the in-depth information you need about global antitrust and competition policy.
Our readers visit us from over 150 countries. Welcome to our global community.
In the News
- FTC scores hospital merger win | Stealth Licensing goes global | EU cartel victims bill moves forward 04/24/2014
- Bullish investor may spur new M&A era | EU called to get tough on Gazprom | Doubts over mega pharma deal 04/23/2014
- Pharma giants spark $101B rumors | China forces 6th delay of German merger | Microsoft reveals Nokia rebrand 04/22/2014
- Rivals pile on Google to slow EU settlement | Ramirez names FTC award winner | Comcast's pro-merger claims questioned 04/21/2014
- Apple forced to face state eBook suits | Complaint deepens EU Google case | Unfair pricing law and econ 04/17/2014
- (Minimum) Resale Price Maintenance Under the New Guidelines: A Critique and A Suggestion Jun 14, 2010
- Behavioral Economics as Applied to Firms: A Primer Apr 01, 2010
- What Does Behavioral Economics Mean for Competition Policy? Apr 01, 2010
- Behavioral Economics, Consumer Protection, and Antitrust Apr 01, 2010
- Resale Price Maintenance in the Post-Leegin World: A Comparative Look at Recent Developments in the United States and European Union Jun 14, 2010
- When it comes to the Comcast/TWC merger, limit the government's options - http://t.co/nMPfJZDM6V 13 hours ago
- The EU Commission will probe the mega cement tie-up, possibly hinting at struggles to come for Holcim and Cemex - http://t.co/93ywT8RM7o 15 hours ago
- A former Bank of America exec was offered leniency for his cooperation in the DOJ's municipal bond-rigging probe - http://t.co/FKfcuVazGq 16 hours ago
- TeliaSonera may strike a deal with Vodafone to offload its troubled assets in Spain - http://t.co/vA8MLM6oNz 16 hours ago